Pages

Friday, November 21, 2008

My first oh so yummy butterscotch fudge bars

Friday, November 21, 2008
If you don't know my other passion in life is cooking. I am still dreaming to be a chef. For now I am a private chef of my own family. If given a chance, i would really like to enroll in a professional culinary school (my long time wish).

Let me share with you my first try in baking here in Poland. I am a novice baker. So i always has that curiosiy and enthusiasm to try it out no matter what (crossing fingers all the time). Oh well, it was not a disaster as what i'm afraid how it would be. I tried this butterscotch fudge bar thing. I truly forgot where I got this recipe so I can't give some links. Since it's weekend family and bonding time, this would be a nice treat to everyone. So, I'm sharing it to all of you.


BUTTERSCOTCH FUDGE BAR

Ingredients:

For Butterscotch batter

1 cup ap flour
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ cup butter
¾ cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup shredded coconut (optional, but highly recommended)


For Brownie batter

1/3 cup ap flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp corn syrup (dark or light)



Directions:
Preheat oven to 325°F.

Spray a 9-inch square pan. Line with aluminum foil, then spray the foil.

Make the butterscotch batter:
Sift the first three ingredients and set aside.

In a medium bowl, melt the butter. Once melted, stir in the brown sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, and then stir in the vanilla extract and the coconut, if using. Set aside.

Make the brownie batter:
Sift the first four ingredients and set aside.

In a medium bowl, melt the butter. Once melted, stir in the white sugar. Add the egg, and then stir in the vanilla extract and the corn syrup. Set aside.

Assembly
Stir in the flour mixture into the butterscotch batter. Then stir in the flour mixture into the brownie batter. Pour the butterscotch batter into the prepared pan. Place scoops of the brownie batter on top of the butterscotch batter. Swirl as desired.
Place pan in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out wet, but the surface is firm. Do not overbake.

Voila! here's my butterscotch fudge bars. Not a disaster isn't it?




Post a Comment
Polish-ed Ai © 2014