Pages

Translate

Wednesday, July 22, 2026

19

Wednesday, July 22, 2026

 Some people enter your life and become a reflection of who you are. Then some become a reflection of who you are still becoming.

Today, my daughter turns 19.


Nineteen years ago, two weeks before my own birthday, God gave me the greatest gift I would ever receive. I loved her long before I held her, from the first beat of her heart to the moment I finally held her in my arms. She has always been my life, my light, and my greatest love.

When I look at her today, I can't help but remember myself at nineteen. I was shy, timid, and still trying to find my place in the world.

Then I look at her.

She is the girl I wish I had been at nineteen—confident in her own skin, vibrant, creative, full of life, unafraid to speak her mind, and courageous enough to embrace who she is.

And that makes my heart smile.

Perhaps that's every mother's silent prayer: that her daughter begins where she once struggled. That she inherits not her fears, but her courage.

Happy 19th birthday, my love. Keep becoming the woman God created you to be. You will always be that little girl I carried in my arms, no matter how grown you've become.

And one last thing...

Nineteen years ago, you entered this world bu
t so did I.

I became your mum.

So... technically, isn't it my birthday too? 😌 I think I've earned an extra slice of your birthday cake. 🤍🎂

No comments:

Polish-ed Ai © 2014