It is mid-week, and we are already on the first stretch of September. Wow. How time flies so fast.
Today, I’d like to pause for a moment and assess my feelings.I feel good today.
I woke up with worship and prayers in my heart, and somehow, after spending that quiet time with God, I felt so much better.
It has become quite usual now that I wake up way before my alarm clock even gets the chance to strike. Well, blame my overthinking mind or whatever it is that keeps calling me awake earlier than usual. No matter how tired I am, no matter how much fatigue seems to overpower me, I am wide awake as early as 4 a.m.
Anyhow, it is mid-week as I write this. It is still very summery here in Poland. The sun is shining so brightly, and it is warm...almost 30°C. yay!
And here I am, busy at work.
Business as usual.
Funny enough, work has become a kind of safe space for me lately. Maybe because no one talks about my sickness. No one thinks about it because, simply, no one knows.
Except my counselor, my supervisor.
And honestly, I think I would rather keep it that way for now.
Only a few people know the real story and the full details of what I am going through. I am still really sick. I am still waiting for the final verdict or perhaps a better word would be, the treatment plan.
An MRI is scheduled in two weeks.
Another test.
Another blood test.
Another needle.
Another pain to endure.
You probably know by now that I have a very low tolerance for needles. I am afraid of them. But somehow, along this journey, I have slowly learned to befriend them.
Well… what can I do now? 😂
Sometimes life puts us in situations we never imagined we would have to face.
And somehow, we learn to face them anyway.
Today, I am inspired by this beautiful verse:
“The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart.”
- Psalm 34:18
And today's thought is this:
Not every day will make us feel strong, positive, productive, or motivated.
And that is okay.
It is okay if you are not okay.
Some days, we just want to cry out loud.
Some days, we want to be lazy and do absolutely nothing.
Some days, our bodies simply ask us to rest.
And some days, all we can do is shout to God in prayer:
“God, I need You so badly today.”
All of these feelings are valid.
A hard day doesn't mean you are going backward.
Feeling tired doesn't mean you are weak.
Needing rest doesn't mean you are giving up.
Sometimes, resting is part of moving forward.
Tomorrow is another opportunity to begin again.
Because feelings are fleeting. They come, they stay for a while, and eventually, they pass.
So today, I want to ask myself, and perhaps ask yourself too:
What does your heart need most today?
Is it rest?
Prayer?
Encouragement?
A good cry?
Someone to simply listen?
Or perhaps… just a little grace?
Whatever it is, give yourself permission to need it.
And if today is a difficult day, remember:
You don't have to have everything figured out today.
Just breathe.
Just pray.
Just take today as it comes.
Tomorrow can take care of itself.
All of these feelings are valid.
A hard day doesn't mean you are going backward.
Feeling tired doesn't mean you are weak.
Needing rest doesn't mean you are giving up.
Sometimes, resting is part of moving forward.
Tomorrow is another opportunity to begin again.
Because feelings are fleeting. They come, they stay for a while, and eventually, they pass.
So today, I want to ask myself, and perhaps ask yourself too:
What does your heart need most today?
Is it rest?
Prayer?
Encouragement?
A good cry?
Someone to simply listen?
Or perhaps… just a little grace?
Whatever it is, give yourself permission to need it.
And if today is a difficult day, remember:
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted.
You don't have to have everything figured out today.
Just breathe.
Just pray.
Just take today as it comes.
Tomorrow can take care of itself.
things will be alright. In time.
like the lyrics of the song Leaves by Ben and Ben:
Leaves will soon grow from the bareness of trees
And all will be alright in time
From waves overgrown come the calmest of seas
And all will be alright in time
Wounds of the past will eventually heal
And all will be alright in time
'Cause all of this comes with a love that is real
I said all will be alright in time.....
XO,
Aileen

No comments:
Post a Comment